Sunday, March 28, 2010

Custom Pendant Light

Stainless steel hanging kit installed on the ceiling

Close up shot

I have spent many days (perhaps week) trying to find suitable light fixture for my new 5ft tank but I failed to get one. Choices are quite limited and I have to race against time to get this issue sort out before my tank is delivered.

To make matter worse, I need pendant type instead of "on the tank - OTT" type. I have visited almost all major fish shop in Kuala Lumpur to source for 5ft T5 pendant light but ended up with Metal Halide option only.

Being persistent and stubborn, I got an idea to have it customize to my requirement.

It is going going to be T5HO 80w x 4 powered by 2 OSRAM high performance electronic ballast (as picture below). This ballast is made in Germany.


For the light bulb, I am opting for Giesemann Powerchrome Midday (6000K), either x4 or combination of x2 Giesemann and x2 Aqua Zonic Super Bright 10,000K.

Info on Giesemann light bulb (taken directly from Giesemann website);

POWERCHROME midday - a full spectrum lamp which closely imitates natural sunlight at 6000 Kelvin. Suitable for fresh-water, salt-water, reef aquariums
and terrariums.
Rated at 6,000 Kelvin with a spectrum designed to recreate sunlight in both fresh and salt water aquariums. This tube can be used on both freshwater and saltwater aquariums.


Stay tuned for more pictures and info . . .

Cant wait for the light set to arrive . . . few more days . . .

1 comment:

  1. where u get this OSRAM high performance electronic ballast and how much it cost

    ReplyDelete