Sump. Acrylic cover to prevent splash, evaporation and sound (I hope). Have yet to cut hole to allow piping. Pending plumbing works.
Friday, March 11, 2011
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Quick left side shot. Glosso not as compact compare to the middle section due to light distribution but still acceptable.
Today added 1 pot of Cryptocoryne parva. Saw it at LFS many months ago. Feel pity for the plant so I decided to adopt it back. Separate out into smaller portion and treated with BW Growth to kill algae.
My method of killing algae on newly purchase plant since someone ask me as per below..better share it here so no need to pm.
1) I use 5ml of BW Growth with 5ml of filtered water (1:1)
2) Separate plant into smaller portion and wash it under running water.
3) I use my hand to gently rub off visible algae and dirt. Please do it with extra care because plant is very fragile.
4) Soak the plant in the solution for ~10mins.
5) Rinse the plant with running water again.
6) Plant is ready for planting.
Note - this is not a proven method. Will provide update after a week. For reference, the plant is covered with quite a lot of hair algae.